New Job in Albany, NY – Physician – Family Medicine – Impactful Physician Opportunity in a Community Health Center in Albany, NY with Loan Repayment up to 50k through NHSC – Whitney M. Young Health Center
#Physician #Family #Medicine #Impactful #Physician #Opportunity #Community #Health #Center #Albany #Loan #Repayment #50k #NHSC
Job title: Physician – Family Medicine – Impactful Physician Opportunity in a Community Health Center in Albany, NY with Loan Repayment up to 50k through NHSC
Company: Whitney M. Young Health Center
Location: Albany, NY
Job description: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The physician functions in the primary care group at Whitney Young Health coordinating medical care, providing medical supervision and direct patient care.
- Provides primary care directly, emphasizing accessibility, health promotion, illness prevention and continuity of care to patients presenting with both minor and complex health issues.
- Takes a complete history including medical, psychosocial, economic, relationship and family status.
- Completes physical examinations, performs/orders appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Discusses health concerns/diagnosis with the patient and together determines an appropriate plan of care.
- Develops reviews and approves clinical protocols and best practice guidelines.
Quality of Service:
- Documents all patients encounters completely and in a timely manner. ï¿½ This includes proper documentation of phone calls, prescription, and if applicable, the complete dictation of patient visits for a session prior to leaving the health center.
- Adheres to clinical practice guidelines that are adopted by the specialty group or an appropriate committee.
- Keeps medical knowledge current through attendance at medical CME programs at least 40 hours per year.
- Maintains an acceptable level of compliance with clinical and regulatory standards including medical record documentation per The Joint Commission standards.
- Demonstrates appropriate interactions toward patients in a manner that helps to put patients at ease.
- Participants in the Performance Improvement activities of the Health Center through chart audits, development and implementation of practice standards.
- Actively support the implementation of the Chronic Care Model to manage patient with chronic illness.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to provide treatment, ongoing follow-up and evaluation of the plan of care with the patient
- Supports established policies and procedures of the Health Center. ï¿½ Makes recommendations and contributes to policy formulation.
- Starts patient schedule on time and leaves after completing the work schedule including needed record documentation.
- Completes required documentation for referrals and consultations.ï¿½
- Returns patient telephone calls within an appropriate time frame based on patient needs and expectations.
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned by the Clinical Chief or the Chief Medical Officer.
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. The Joint Commission, OASAS, NYSHD.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
TEACHING AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Supervises the clinical practice of medical students, residents, non-physician practitioners as appropriate and contributes to the learning of students from other disciplines.
- Acts as a resource to staff and the community regarding current trends in health care as well as specific health issues.
- Participants in community activities and research designed to promote health and prevent diseases.
Graduation from an approved medical college and completion of approved residency training. Current NYS license and board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
One to three years clinical experience preferred. ï¿½ Bilingual/Multi-lingual abilities. ï¿½ Experience in Community Health. ï¿½ Experience in delivering culturally competent healthcare. ï¿½ Interest in on-going learning, best practice development, and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected statuses. PandoLogic. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Family Physician00 – 0Full-Time
Expected salary: $50000 per year
Job date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 07:14:03 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0