New Job in Chicago, IL – Graphic Designer –
Job title: Graphic Designer
Location: Chicago, IL
Job description: At Respiratory Health Association we believe in a world free of lung disease. A world without lung cancer, asthma or COPD. A world with clean air, where everyone breathes easier. Since its founding in 1906, the Association has delivered award-winning programs that have led to improvements in lung health and life quality for thousands of adults and children throughout Chicago and the country. We specifically focus our program work toward reaching communities with the highest need and carry health equity as a guiding principle.
In this role, you will have the ability to lead graphic design at RHA with support and input from an experienced marketing team. We are seeking a designer with strong technical skills and an interest in understanding how design functions as a part of a brand and communications strategy. Our brands include everything from medical education for kids in Fight Asthma Now©, RHA’s school-based asthma education program, to the pun-driven levity of CowaLUNGa, RHA’s charity bike tour. You will gain experience across a wide range of brand voices and types of materials with varying degrees of technical difficulty, all while serving our vision of healthy lungs and clean air for all.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral including newsletters, infographics, program materials, fact sheets, invitations, t-shirt designs, event signage etc.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Work with internal stakeholders in other departments at all stages of design process to ensure project meets expectations and stays on track
- Establish creative direction for each project that applies existing brand guidelines
- Work with Marketing Director to establish brand guidelines for new brands and rebranding projects
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images and source stock photography for projects as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years experience working in an office or professional setting
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Motion graphics and video experience a plus, but not required.
- Potential for flexible schedule and remote work available. To be negotiated.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; remain in a stationary position 50% of the time; constantly operate a computer and other office machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and printer, etc.; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply: Email résumé, cover letter, and a design portfolio by July 16, 2021 to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: Respiratory Health Association (501C3) is fully committed to equal opportunity employment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Association does not hire persons who smokes or vape and forbids smoking in the workplace.
Upload a new resume
Copy and paste a new resume
Send me my free professional resume critique from TopResume
I want to include a cover letter.
Upload a new cover letter
Copy and Paste Cover Letter
I want jobs like this one emailed to me
Allow employers to search for my resume
By clicking the button above, you agree to the and
$40000 – $42500 Per Year Job Category:
Marketing Position Type:
Full Time Experience:
2 – 5 years Education:
Save for Future Use
Find Jobs By Category
Powered by , Inc.
The premier site that successfully connects nonprofit organizations with skilled, motivated job seekers.
Expected salary: $40000 – 42500 per year
Job date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 07:59:57 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0