New Job in Crawley, West Sussex – Personal Assistants LR6443 – Independent Lives
#Personal #Assistants #LR6443
Job title: Personal Assistants LR6443
Company: Independent Lives
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Job description: Hours/shifts: 3 permanent hours a week, preferably on a Saturday or Sunday with more hours available
I am a 14 year old boy with disabilities. I live at home with my mum and dad. We speak Arabic most of the time. I like trips out such as going to the park, supermarket, swimming & playing in the mud. I require PAs who will keep me occupied and supervise me at all times. I require 2:1 care therefore you will always be working with either a member of my family or another PA. I need to be pushed in my wheelchair most of the time when outdoors. The work may involve taking me on outings/activities in a car, for which mileage will be paid.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
General assistance with skin care (after meals for example)
Assistance to use the toilet and helping me stay clean on occasions
Assistance with dressing and undressing/ helping with buttons and fastenings on occasions.
Assistance with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting me to get changed in swimming pool/gym.
Assistance with getting in and out of the wheelchair (‘transferring’)
Assistance at mealtimes e.g. cutting up food and prompting me to eat
Physiotherapy exercises on occasions
- Accompanying and supervising me on trips to shops / supermarket.
- Accompanying and supervising me when accessing social and leisure activities, e.g. to going to the swimming pool or park
- Accompanying and supervising me on occasional longer journeys such as going to the beach.
- The above duties will involve driving me in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing me when out.
- Whilst on duty in my home watching TV, playing with me and keeping me occupied.
The successful applicant will be:
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy minded and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patience and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
- Able to work at all times to high standards of Health & Safety
Previous experience preferred but this is not as essential as a kind and common sense approach to these roles.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this role you will be employed through the individual employer and not Independent Lives.
Expected salary: £11.2 per hour
Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:26:06 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0