New Job in Des Moines, IA – PL Retention Agent – Nationwide
Job title: PL Retention Agent
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job description: If youï¿½re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwideï¿½s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
This position is open to applicants located in Des Moines, Iowa.
Qualified candidates will have strong customer service and communication skills. Sales experience preferred.
Competitive starting salary of $45,000, Monday-Friday work schedule, collaborative work environment and excellent opportunities for growth and promotion.
Training for this position will start on Monday, May 3rd. Training will be Monday ï¿½ Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.; Followed by a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM.
Compensation Grade: D2
Job Description Summary
JOB SUMMARY: With limited supervision, contact customers to provide a full range of services designed to retain business and increase customer’s awareness of the Nationwide brand. Provides an extraordinary customer experience of all personal lines products in all states and segments via outbound telephone contacts, inbound phone calls, on-line chats, or internal transfers. Performs retention-related work for various distribution channels, access points, and numerous business units on behalf of Nationwide. Responsible for cross-selling new products to current policyholders and to quote/bind new products for new customers. Process policy related additions, changes, and performs other processing activities as needed. Provides back-up support to sales agents by selling new multi-line of property/casualty insurance business via direct (inbound and/or outbound) telephone or internet contact with prospective customers in multiple states and all associated duties with selling business.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Supervisor or Manager.ï¿½
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes outbound calls and receives inbound return calls in all states from current policyholders to perform various retention related activities to include cross-selling additional Nationwide products.ï¿½ Meets customer service production expectations and quality standards. Receives in-bound sales calls, quotes and binds new business, and is responsible for the respective trailing documents for all states, including states with complex underwriting guidelines.
2. Contacts policyholders after their claim has been closed to provide an On Your Side review and inquire about their claims experience.
3. Answers questions and explains next steps regarding member policies being transitioned from exclusive agent to Direct channel. Contacts customers with pending cancellations to save policies from cancelling.ï¿½ Obtains all required trailing documents, underwriting requests, or other documentation necessary to resolve issues. Assist peers with questions and provide advice regarding underwriting requests.
4. Contacts current policyholders via telephone to process policy changes and advise policyholder on retention-related efforts from underwriting on more complex situations.
5. Responds to adhoc retention-related opportunities; internal phone transfers, emails, Click-2-Chat, notifications from the service center, NF, etc.ï¿½ Work specialty skills such as CARE, open book, THI, Life and Allied.
6. Interpret contracts and/or policy provisions for the most complex states in order to provide explanations and information to customers regarding coverage for all property and casualty and other product policies.ï¿½ Determines and enters accurate information into all related systems.
7. Maintains current and in-depth understanding of customer service techniques, overall processing and product updates, and related system enhancements. Assist Sales Agents with questions and provides unique techniques to improve sales effectiveness. Serves as a resource for peers outside of Underwriting core business hours.
8. Serves as subject matter expert which may include system changes, user acceptance testing, new product releases and assistance in the roll out and adoption with peers.ï¿½ Participates in user meetings with IT, project team and consultants. Assigned to miscellaneous projects.
9. Identifies cross selling opportunities and recommends additional products. Quotes/binds new products for members as necessary and works with member to obtain the required documentation.
10. Provides process and performance improvement recommendations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education:ï¿½ High school diploma or equivalent required; Undergraduate studies in insurance, marketing, communications, or related field highly desirable. College degree is preferred but not required.
License/Certification/Designation: State licensing as required for property/casualty and life products in 45 Nationwide states and 32 Allied states. Continuing education as required by state(s).ï¿½ Associate must obtain the required state licenses within the time period designated by the business unit. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience:ï¿½ Three or more years related work experience in sales of property/casualty insurance.ï¿½ Prefer insurance industry experience and call center environment exposure. Minimum 12 monthsï¿½ sales experience with a preference of the experience as a Nationwide Sales associate.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
Knowledge:ï¿½ Knowledge of property/casualty and life insurance products, insurance processing systems and procedures, best practices, state regulations and customer service practices. Knowledgeable in all states and products including new sales, policy maintenance and processing.
Skills/Competencies:ï¿½ Possesses strong verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical insurance information to policyholders, agents, and others. Strong ability to influence prospective policyholders to select Nationwide products. Demonstrated ability to operate personal computer hardware/software in a WINDOWS environment.
Values:ï¿½ Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Hiring managerï¿½s leader and HRBP.
Overtime Eligibility:ï¿½ Eligible (Non-Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal call center environment.ï¿½
ADA:ï¿½ The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job.ï¿½ Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.ï¿½
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process
Job Evaluation Activity:ï¿½ 11/17/16 CSB
Smoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247. PandoLogic. Category: Human Resources, Keywords: HR Business Partner0 – 0Full-Time
Expected salary: $45000 per year
Job date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 07:20:05 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0