New Job in Durham – Multi Skills/Construction Trainer – HMP – Reed
#Multi #SkillsConstruction #Trainer #HMP
Job title: Multi Skills/Construction Trainer – HMP
Job description: Location: DURHAM, COUNTY DURHAM, UNITED KINGDOM Salary: 23,000-30,127 GBP (UK Pounds) Per annum
Sector: , Job Type:
Shift Type: FULL TIME Applications: N/A
Posted: about 11 hours ago Reference: X3-471046
Are you currently looking for a new and rewarding teaching opportunity?
Reed Further Education are currently working with a prison in County Durham who are currently recruiting for a Multi Skills/Construction Trainer to join the education team on a full time and permanent basis. The role involves delivering a non-accredited or accredited course covering the theory and practical skills for carrying out small scale repairs to: painting and decorating, building, plastering, plumbing and carpentry
HM Prison Durham is a Category B men’s prison, located in the Elvet area of Durham in County Durham
- Hours – Full Time (Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week)
- Role – Permanent
- Salary – £23,823.70 – £30,127.10 (subject to job evaluation)
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
To do this successfully you`ll need:
- Level 3 Qualification in a Construction related area
- Level 2 Qualification in English and Maths
- Minimum two years’ teaching/training experience
- Interested in working with offenders
- Working in a custodial environment (desirable)
- Teaching Qualification (desirable – must be willing to work towards if not already held)
- Assessors Qualification (desirable – must be willing to work towards if not already held)
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting by REED Recruitment and the prison**
Expected salary: £30127 per year
Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 05:01:58 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0