New Job in London – Head of Real Estate Asset Management Oversight, Europe – Macdonald & Company
#Real #Estate #Asset #Management #Oversight #Europe
Job title: Head of Real Estate Asset Management Oversight, Europe
Company: Macdonald & Company
Job description: Working on a pan-European basis for a global real estate investment manager with upwards of €15 Bn of European real estate under management. this senior level role will oversee all aspects of the asset management process across the large European portfolio, with responsibility for driving consistent and high quality operational standards.
- Act as a focal point for promoting and enforcing compliance with all asset management policies and procedures
- Benchmark performance against both market and internal standards
- Act as a thought leader in real estate asset management oversight
- Act as the oversight interface between the Investments teams, the Compliance, Risk, Legal teams and Internal Audit teams
- Ensure compliance with standard operating policies and procedures, liaising with colleagues in Legal, Compliance, Sustainability and Audit
- Originate, champion and maintain operating policies and procedures
- Ensure that the sector and fund-level priorities of the business are strategically understood by and delivered on by service partners, in partnership with Asset Managers and Sector Heads
- Monitor Property Manager appointments, signing off new managers as well as mandate renewals, ensuring inclusion of standard requirements and KPIs in contractual documentation
- Undertake annual review of supplier portal and launch communication to Asset Managers and Property Managers
- As part of the Investment Process review completion of acquisition and disposal checklists, and update of centralised asset registers as appropriate
- Establish and maintain a control environment for matters such as meeting notes, risk register maintenance, service level agreement compliance, rent recovery targets, inspection frequency and recording/reporting, supplier procurement, control environmental audits, OFAC leasing compliance etc.
- Establish and confirm that corporate, fund and asset level sustainability objectives have been assessed and incorporated into annual business plans, including the effective integration of Climate Change and Net Zero Carbon considerations into decision making by Asset Managers, Property Managers, and Operating Partners
- Strengthen engagement with tenants by working with Sector Heads and Service Partners to develop fit out guidelines, tenant satisfaction surveys, and expand utility data coverage from tenant procured energy contracts with the support of the Sustainability Team.
- Partner with the Sustainability Team to continue to drive and oversee the portfolio strategy to enhance rollout of Renewable Energy and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- Support the strategic sourcing and deployment of technology and innovation across the portfolio
- Ensure highest standard of data governance, including maintenance of data inputted by Property Managers into MRI and other such systems, and ensure communication across the business in the most efficient way
- Manage the European Property Insurance Program in conjunction with Global Director, Insurance Risk Management (the insurance program has a current insured value of
Report to AIFM, UK and Lux Boards as appropriate any information that is considered necessary to monitor the Portfolio Manager’s performance of delegated Asset and Property management activities
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years institutional real estate experience
- Successful track record in asset management
- Deep operational knowledge of commercial and residential real estate assets
- Extensiove knowledge of society-wide governance requirements impacting real estate
- Familiarity working with both internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Understanding of business data collection and quality requirements
- Good undergraduate degree from reputable University
- Goal focussed and able to work to deadlines
- Detail orientated with proven organisational skills
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Good team player able to successfully manage relationships across the platform
Macdonald & Company is the leading professional recruitment consultancy for the real estate and built environment sectors globally. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the UK, we apply local knowledge with true global connection through our offices in Europe, Asia, Middle East, USA and Africa.
Our specialist teams act for every class of organisation owning, occupying, investing, financing or advising on real estate – developers, investors, institutions, funds, banks & advisors. We are the preferred recruitment partner of RICS – the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Macdonald & Company is a subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange quoted Prime People Plc.
People make the difference.
We connect you to that difference.
- United Kingdom
Share this job
Save jobClick to add the job to your shortlist
You need to or to save a job.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.
Expected salary: €120000 – 150000 per year
Job date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 23:15:49 GMT