New Job in Manchester – Metrology Engineer – Manchester Up to £44k + Package – Huxley
#Metrology #Engineer #Manchester #44k #Package
Job title: Metrology Engineer – Manchester Up to £44k + Package
Job description: Metrology Engineer – Manchester Up to £44k + Package
- Are you a Metrologist or Metrology Engineer?
- Do you have experience as a Metrologist or Metrology Engineer in Flow Dynamics, Flow Measurement or Acoustics?
- Are you a specialist in analysis and measurement?
- Do you want to work for a Global Name in Engineered Products for the Energy Industry?
If so, then please see below….
Metrology Engineer – Manchester Up to £44k + Package
Huxley Engineering and a Global Name in Engineered Products for the Energy Industry are looking to recruit a Metrology Engineer on a staff basis for their site near Manchester, owning to succession planning and project growth with the business for 2021-22+.
Based near Manchester, the Metrology Engineer is a Lead Engineer position within the Engineering Business Excellence Team and will report into a Product Support Manager to ensure that Product Performance is optimised in design & production / calibration processes (to maintain lifetime accuracy and performance for the Engineered Product).
Responsibilities of the Metrology Engineer Role:
- Provide technical support to the software development teams to ensure the product’s software is fully matched to the physical operation of the product, ensuring that the software supports calibration and meets the accuracy requirements.
- Provide technical support for the management of the product calibration process including the operational support of the calibration standards and equipment.
- Maintaining procedures for the calibration processes and supporting the equipment selection choices.
- Provide technical support for the mechanical design teams to optimize the product designs.
- Ensuring the designs are cost effective while meeting the requirements for accuracy and pressure loss over the working life.
- Represent the company with the statutory authorities RE standards of products for UK and international markets.
- Support the product manufacturing process management to optimize the product calibration and testing.
- Be responsible for continuous improvement to processes and procedures related to product calibration.
Experience, Qualification Required for Metrology Engineer Role:
- Degree in Physics (or Similar)
- Metrology Engineering experience in Flow Dynamics, Acoustics and Flow Measurement within an Industrial / Engineering / Manufacturing / Production environment:
- Metrology Engineering experience with Electronics would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Testing & Test Methodologies (define cases, create documents, execution)
- Quality Management (calibration and standards)
- Statistical Analysis
- Microsoft tools (Win XP, all office tools)
- IT & Computer infrastructure (Test environment) & Microsoft tools (Win XP, all office tools)
- Presentation Skills (Company, Customer & Local Authorities)
For the successful Metrology Engineer, a salary of up to £44,000 + Package (including Pension, Bonus, Flexible Working) is on offer for the Metrology Engineer and this Metrology Engineer role is commutable from Manchester, Warrington, Salford, Altrincham, Cheadle, Wythenshawe, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Hyde & Macclesfield.
To be considered for this Metrology Engineer role, please apply via the link below.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Expected salary: £35000 – 44000 per year
Job date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 04:31:51 GMT