New Job in Stockport, Greater Manchester – Waking Night Support Worker – Care in Mind
#Waking #Night #Support #Worker
Job title: Waking Night Support Worker
Company: Care in Mind
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Job description: Location : Stockport, United Kingdom Role overview
Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference in young people’s lives? Does working night shifts better suit your lifestyle? Do you understand the challenges which young people face in daily life? Maybe a career as a Waking Night Support Worker could be the next step in life for you?
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-30 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We are currently looking for a kind, caring and friendly person to join our professional team as a Waking Night Support Worker. Experience is not essential and full training will be provided, however an understanding of the issues young people face in their daily life would really help to make a difference.
You will be based within our Residential Home in Stockport where you will work 8:30 pm – 7:30 am over a 2 weekly rota (Week 1 – 33 hours) (Week 2 – 44 hours).
- Competitive pay (£10.04 per hour + £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Access to our 24-hour Wellbeing Support Portal/ Employee Assistance Programme
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Waking Night Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Waking Night Support Worker
- Flexibility – Your role will involve working shifts including weekends, Bank Holidays and occasional days where required to support the service and complete any necessary training
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Care
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please submit your application by Monday 8th February.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
To support our commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of our interviews will be held over video platform.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate. Hours 38.5
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £20’100.08 per annum
Expected salary: £20100.08 per year
Job date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 05:06:52 GMT
Was this helpful?
0 / 0